Public Access - Website functions, limitations and use
The PublicAccess website allows you to:
- Search for planning applications by a variety of criteria such as address, date received and application type
- View details of planning applications using key dates such as date received, date valid or date decided
- Track the status and progress of planning applications
- View the plans, maps, drawings and environmental statements which accompany a planning application including additional plans and revised plans
- View the details of consultation responses, third party comments or correspondence with the applicant on a planning application
- View properties and applications on a map
Limitations of the PublicAccess website and its use
- PublicAccess is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9 and upwards, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
- The site contains basic details of planning applications received since 1973. However plans, maps, drawings and other supporting documents are only available online for applications received after the roll-out of the planning portal during 2010. Therefore the amount of information available on each application will depend on when the application was received in a division and when that particular division went live on the planning portal – this occurred over a period of several months during 2010.
- You will be able to view the applications and associated documents at your local planning office. Please note: The planning officer’s working file will contain more information than that which is available online.
- The online planning application records contained within the PublicAccess website have been migrated from our legacy IT system and are currently incomplete. Therefore online planning application records must not be used as a substitute for submitting a Property Certificate. The Department bears no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the online planning application records or planning history information obtained from the PublicAccess website
- The information contained within Public Access does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a Planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk.
- The Department reserves the right to remove or not display certain planning application information for reasons of confidentiality or other reasons.