Planning Portal

DCAN 4: Restaurants, Cafes and Fast Food Outlets
Other Consents

3.8 Other consents that may be required include:
  • Listed Building Consent. This is required for the execution of any works for the demolition of a listed building or for its alteration or extension in any manner which would affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest.
  • Conservation Area Consent.This is required where it is proposed to demolish a building which lies within a designated conservation area.
  • Advertisement Consent. This is required for new signs or alterations to existing signs.
3.9 Further details regarding the above consents can be obtained from local planning offices.
3.10 In addition to planning permission, and the types of consent listed in paragraph 3.8, other approvals may also be necessary, for example, Building Regulation approval and compliance with Environmental Health regulations (See Appendix 3). Applicants should contact their local council for further details.
Previous Next
Get Adobe Reader software (link opens in a new browser window)