Draft PPS18: Renewable Energy
Annex 1 Energy from Waste (Thermal Processes): Information to Accompany a Planning Application
D30. A planning application for a thermal Energy from Waste plant could usefully include the following:
- site plan and elevation drawings to help determine visual impact;
- photomontage of plant building(s) and chimney stack with clear indication of building material;
- information on grid connection works, including transformer and transmission lines;
- details of air and noise emissions and an assessment of their impacts;
- details of vehicular access and vehicular movement;
- landscaping provisions;
- site management measures during the construction phase; and,
- model of emissions dispersion.
Environmental Impact Assessment
D31. Developments that use waste to produce energy may require EIA. Such projects could fall within projects listed in Schedule 2.3 and/or 2.11 to the Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1999 .