Draft PPS 18: Renewable Energy
Annex 1: Information and best practice guidance for renewable energy development proposals
This annex provides background information on the various renewable energy technologies that may come forward in Northern Ireland and is designed to contribute to the development control process. It has been drawn up taking account of similar material available for other parts of the UK and the Republic of Ireland. This includes:
- Scottish Executive Planning Advice Note 45, Renewable Energy Technologies (2002);
- The technical annex to the Companion Guide to Planning Policy Statement 22 issued by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (2004);
- Planning Policy Wales, Technical Advice Note 8: Planning for Renewable Energy (2005) ; and
- Wind Energy Development Guidelines, Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government (Ireland) (2006) .
The advice and guidance contained within this annex should be read in conjunction with Policy RE1 Renewable Energy Development.
This section contains the following sub-categories:
- Wind Energy
- Energy from Waste (Biological Processes)
- Energy from Waste (Thermal Processes)
- Small Hydro
- Active Solar (Photovoltaics)
- Solar Thermal (Solar Water Heating)
- Ground, Water & Air Source Heat Pumps