Draft PPS14: Sustainable Development in the Countryside
Aims & Objectives
3.1 The aim of PPS 14 is:
- To manage development in the countryside in a manner consistent with achieving the strategic objectives of the Regional Development Strategy for Northern Ireland 2025.
3.2 The objectives of PPS 14 are:
- to manage growth in the countryside to achieve appropriate and sustainable patterns of development that meet the essential needs of a vibrant rural community;
- to conserve the landscape and natural resources of the rural area and to protect it from excessive, inappropriate or obtrusive development and from the actual or potential effects of pollution;
- to facilitate development necessary to achieve a sustainable rural economy; and
- to promote high standards in the design, siting and landscaping of development in the countryside.