PPS 4: Industrial Development
Development Plans: Large Single User Sites
23. In order to attract and accommodate major inward investment projects, the Department will identify, in regional and sub-regional studies and development plans, a number of large, single-user industrial sites strategically located throughout Northern Ireland. The sites will normally be at least 40 hectares in size and have the following characteristics:
- easily accessible to the transportation network and a substantial workforce;
- fully serviced or capable of being serviced at short notice;
- free from significant obstacles to development and capable of accommodating a broad range
- of development without adverse environmental impact; and
- visually attractive.