PPS 4 (Draft): Industry, Business and Distribution
In exercise of its responsibility for planning control in Northern Ireland the Department assesses development proposals against all planning policies and other material considerations that are relevant to it.
The planning policies of this Statement must therefore be read together and in conjunction with the relevant contents of the Department’s development plans and other planning policy publications, including the Regional Development Strategy. The Department will also have regard to the contents of published supplementary planning guidance documents.
The following policies set out the main planning considerations that the Department will take into account in assessing proposals for industrial, business and distribution development and for proposals affecting such development or land and sites allocated for such uses. The provisions of these policies will prevail unless there are other overriding policy or material considerations which outweigh them and justify a contrary decision.
The following policies are covered:
- IBD 1: General Criteria for Industrial, Business and Distribution Development
- IBD 2: Industrial, Business and Distribution Development within Settlements
- IBD 3: Retention of Industrial, Business and Distribution Uses within Settlements
- IBD 4: Development Incompatible with Existing Industrial, Business or Distribution Development
- IBD 5: Financial, Professional and Other Services
- IBD 6: Industrial, Business and Distribution Development in the Countryside
- IBD 7: Farm Diversification
- IBD 8: Re-use and adaptation of a Redundant Non-Agricultural Rural Building for Industrial or Business Use
- IBD 9: Re-use and Adaptation of a Redundant Agricultural Rural Building for Industrial or Business Use outside a Farm Diversification Scheme
- IBD 10: Expansion of an Established Industrial, Business or Distribution Use in the Countryside.
- IBD 11: Redevelopment of an Extablished Industrial, Business or Distribution Use in the countryside for Industrial, Business or Distribution Purposes
- IBD 12: Major Industrial Development in the Countryside
- IBD 13: Small Industrial and Business Development associated with a Village or Other Rural Settlement