Draft PPS14: Sustainable Development in the Countryside
4.1 In exercise of its responsibility for planning control in Northern Ireland DOE Planning Service assesses development proposals against all planning policies and other material considerations that are relevant to it.
4.2 The planning policies of this statement must therefore be read together and in conjunction with the relevant contents of development plans and other planning policy publications, including the Regional Development Strategy. DOE Planning Service will also have regard to the contents of published supplementary planning guidance documents.
4.3 The following policies set out the main planning considerations for the control of development in the countryside. The provisions of these policies will prevail unless there are other overriding policy or material considerations that outweigh them and justify a contrary decision.
- Policy CTY 1: Development in the Countryside
- Policy CTY 2: Farm Dwellings
- Policy CTY 3: Dwellings For Retiring Farmers
- Policy CTY 4: Dwellings For Non-Agricultural Business Enterprises
- Policy CTY 5: Replacement Dwellings
- Policy CTY 6: Social Housing
- Policy CTY 7: Residential Caravans and Mobile Homes
- Policy CTY 8: Agricultural and Forestry Development
- Policy CTY 9: Farm Diversification
- Policy CTY 10: Integration and Design of Buildings in the Countryside
- Policy CTY 11: Rural Character
- Policy CTY 12: Ribbon Development
- Policy CTY 13: The Setting of Settlements
- Policy CTY 14: Development relying on Non-Mains Sewerage