Magherafelt Area Plan 2015
Designation CY 01 Settlement Development Limit
|A settlement development limit is designated as identified on Map No. 13 - Clady.
The settlement development limit is designated to provide development opportunities in line with the scale, character and role of this linear settlement, while preventing ribboning and urban sprawl into the surrounding countryside. It excludes lands of high environmental quality and wildlife value, and historically and archaeologically important features of the man-made landscape along the Clady River and its environs.
Designation CY 02 Local Landscape Policy Area
A Local Landscape Policy Area is designated as identified in Map No. 1 - Countryside and Map No. 13 - Clady.
Those features or combination of features that contribute to the environmental quality, integrity or character of this area are listed below:
- Clady River corridor and associated vegetation is an important landscape feature, including visually significant treed banks adjacent to Glenburn House, and acts as a wildlife corridor;
- Glenburn House is a substantial residence surrounded by mature planting and forms part of the mill complex. It is of local historical significance and is an important feature in the local landscape and river corridor;
- The remains of the mill complex (mill buildings, mill race, weir and bleach green) beside Glenburn House represent the local industrial heritage;
- Rising local landform at Collas Hill forms a good backdrop to the settlement, is visible in the wider landscape and contributes to the setting of the settlement;
- Listed Glenone Bridge on the Kilrea Road, including its setting and views.
Policy for the control of development in Local Landscape Policy Areas is contained in Policy CON 2
in Part 2 of the Plan.