Larne Area Plan 2010
Published together with the Plan are a number of supplementary documents containing technical information that was used in the preparation of the policies and proposals contained in the Plan.
Supplements published in support of the Plan are:
1. A Countryside Assessment Supplement
The Planning Strategy for Rural Northern Ireland published in September 1993 (hereinafter referred to as the Rural Strategy) identifies the need to prepare Countryside Assessments as an essential part of the plan making process. These assessments have assisted in the categorisation of the countryside and in an examination of the ability of the landscape to absorb further development. They have also highlighted vulnerable landscapes and those under pressure from development. The Supplement consists of three elements:
- An analysis of the countryside in the Larne Borough Council Area.
- An assessment of historic parks, gardens and demesnes, sites of archaeological and historic interest and sites of nature conservation interest.
- An indication of development pressure and development constraints.
2. A Technical Supplement
To assist in the preparation of the Larne Area Plan, the Department carried out an assessment of the main social and economic trends which would influence future land use requirements. The main elements of this assessment were:
- Employment and Industry
- Recreation/Community Facilities
- Health and Social Services
- Community Facilities
3. An Environmental Appraisal Supplement
The Department is committed to the concept of sustainable development. Consequently the policies and proposals formulated in the Plan have been examined as to their impact on the environment as part of a continuous process and modified where necessary.