Ards and Down Area Plan 2015
Down District: Kilmore
|Proposal KE 01 Settlement Limit|
|A Settlement Limit is designated in accordance with Policy SETT 1 in Volume 1 of the Plan and as indicated on Map No. 3/035a, Kilmore Settlement Map.|
The designated Settlement Limit is drawn to maintain the separation and protect the setting of Christ Church to the north west and allow for frontage development to reflect the existing pattern of development.
Those features or combination of features that contribute to the environmental quality, integrity or character of this area are listed below.
LLPA 1 Rivers, Christ Church and surroundings
- Ballynahinch, Glasswater and Annacloy Rivers and tributary stream linking to Church Road and listed Christ Church and its surroundings provide setting to the small settlement and potential for pathways;
- rivers, banks and riverside vegetation provide local nature conservation interest;
- important mature trees within church grounds and continuing across the road associated with dwellings at Nos. 16 & 20;
- locally important building at No. 20 visually and historically associated with church;
- archaeological site at circular graveyard historically associated with church and part of a wider area which is rich in history;
- industrial heritage value in former corn and flax mills and mill races;
- large traditional dwelling and walled enclosure/outbuildings – Lissara House - with surrounding mature trees and woodland areas; and
- visually linked to the historic demesne at Rademon to the north.