Magherafelt Area Plan 2015
Designation KS 01 Settlement Development Limit
|A settlement development limit is designated as identified on Map No. 23 - Kilross.
The settlement development limit is designated to consolidate development and to prevent ribboning of development along the Duntibryan/Rectory Road and urban sprawl into the surrounding countryside.
Designation KS 02 Local Landscape Policy Area
A Local Landscape Policy Area is designated as identified on Map No. 1 - Countryside and Map No. 23 - Kilross.
Those features or combination of features that contribute to the environmental quality, integrity or character of this area are listed below:
- Church (in ruins) and graveyard, including mature Yew trees, contributes to the setting and character of the settlement. There are good views of the church from the southern approach to the settlement;
- Kilcronaghan Rectory in mature planted grounds. The Rectory and the mature trees make a significant contribution to the setting and character of the settlement, and complement the views of the old church;
- Spring Grove House is a locally important building beside a substantial rath, both surrounded by mature trees. It is a distinctive local feature beside the southern approach to the settlement and contributes to the character and setting of the settlement;
- Tullyroan House on visually significant raised localised landform with associated vegetation; contribute to the setting and character of the settlement;
- A stream corridor west of Tullyroan House traverses the area north south. It is an important local landscape feature and wildlife corridor.
Policy for the control of development in Local Landscape Policy Areas is contained in Policy CON 2
in Part 2 of the Plan.