Larne Area Plan 2010
Larne Town Centre
- TC1: A Town Centre boundary has been identified within which uses compatible with those existing will be acceptable.
- TC2: The Department will resist both new retail uses and changes of use of existing buildings to retail use in the area to the north of Exchange Road, Pound Street and Victoria Road. Other non-residential uses may be acceptable depending on the nature of the proposal.
- TC3: The properties fronting Riverdale, extending from Bridge Street to High Street and into Pound Street, will be the subject of an Environmental Improvement Scheme, which will include painting schemes, planting and paving.
- TC4: The Market Yard to the south of the town at Glynn Road presents an opportunity for development. It is proposed to relocate the livestock market to a more appropriate site in the town, which may include zoned industrial land. The precise location will be a detailed matter to be determined through the Development Control process. The variety market will be relocated at Broadway and along Point Street.
- TC5: It is proposed to enhance the appearance of Circular Road by landscaping the existing open space and the roundabout.
- TC6: Environmental Improvement Schemes are proposed at Glynn Road, Larne River, Pound Street and at Circular Road, Fair Hill and Agnew Street car parks.
- TC7: The Department will resist applications to change the use of residential properties in Station Road.
- TC8: The Department will resist the change of use of residential properties to the east of Circular Road backing onto the RUC Station and a further terrace bounded by Quay Street, Circular Road and Cockle Row.
- TC9: New build large and medium sized office development will not normally be permitted outside the established Town Centre.