Larne Area Plan 2010
- HO1: Larne West – A site of 110.7 hectares has been zoned to the west of Larne.
- HO2: Ballycraigy Road – A site of 6.0 hectares has been zoned adjacent to the existing housing fronting the road.
- HO3: Blackcave North – A site of 15.6 hectares has been zoned at Blackcave North.
- HO4: Ballyloran Road – A site of 10.2 hectares has been zoned for residential use.
- HO5: Wyncairn Road – A site of 2.69 hectares has been zoned adjacent to Wyncairn Road.
- IND1: The Department has zoned 31.7 hectares of land at Drumahoe for industrial use. A small area of land, 4.2 hectares, at Ballyloran behind the existing factories, is also zoned for industrial use.
- IND2: A total of 35.25 hectares of land at Larne Harbour.
- IND3: An area of 11.42 hectares of land has been zoned for mixed use at Bank Road on the southern approach to Larne along the coast.
- OS1: It is proposed to provide 3 hectares of active open space and additional facilities at Ballyloran. Land at Drumahoe which was previously zoned for industry has been acquired by the Borough Council and will be retained for recreational use.
- OS2: The Department will require developers to provide comprehensive areas of active open space within their sites by means of planning agreements
- OS3: The Department has zoned 20 hectares of passive open space within Larne Town.
- OS4: The existing open space facilities within the Town Centre will be upgraded using planting schemes, paving and refurbishment of walls and fences.
- OS5: The Department proposes to reserve areas of passive open space at Black Cave North, Tappagh Hill and Linn Glen.
- PU1: The Department has identified a location for a new sewage treatment works to serve Larne Town and the surrounding area
- CRP1: The Department has zoned an area adjacent to the existing port facilities which will allow the Harbour Company to expand southwards.
- CRP2: The existing monument at Olderfleet Castle will be protected from encroaching development and its setting enhanced by the provision of additional open space.