This 5.7 hectare site is located between Ballynakilly Road and Creenagh Bridge Road, to the south of Coalisland. The site rises from the northeastern to the northwestern boundary. A number of access roads to residential development to the south and west of the site traverse the southeastern portion of the site.
Key site requirements:
- vehicular access should be from Ballynakilly Road and/or Creenagh Bridge Road. Access from the Ballynakilly Road should be located towards the east and access from the Creenagh Bridge Road should be located towards the southwest;
- existing access roads to the residence to the south and west of the site should be retained
- pedestrian access should be provided from Ballynakilly Road, through the site and to link to Creenagh Bridge Road;
- a detailed survey of existing vegetation will be required. Based on the results of this survey, existing trees and hedgerows in good condition should normally be retained, protected and appropriately integrated into the overall design and layout. A full planting scheme, using indigenous species, should be prepared and particular care should be exercised in the treatment of the southern and western boundaries;
- the sloping nature of the site will require careful attention to matters relating to layout, siting, design and density;
- the layout should be designed to ensure that houses front onto Ballynakilly Road and Creenagh Bridge Road; and
- child's play provision should be provided and incorporated within the overall design.