Craigavon Town Centre Boundaries and Retail Desigantions Plan 2010
Plan Context: Plan Aim and Objectives
Plan Aim and Objectives
The overall aim of the Plan is to provide a planning framework which facilitates high quality and sustainable commercial growth, and other related uses, resulting in the creation of healthy, balanced and vibrant town centres for Central Craigavon, Lurgan and Portadown.
The Plan objectives compliment the objectives of the adopted Craigavon Area Plan 2010 and are:
- To facilitate sustainable patterns of commercial growth and development across the three town centres within the Plan Area in accordance with the sustainability related strategic objectives of the RDS;
- To facilitate appropriate development within the town centres that will promote urban renaissance, create ease of access to services and community facilities, and to maximise the use of existing infrastructure;
- To facilitate economic development and the creation of employment, taking into account the Government’s Anti-Poverty and Social Inclusion Strategy;
- To promote vital and viable town centres; and
- To facilitate the promotion of equality of opportunity and good relations between persons of different religious belief, political opinion or racial group.