Opportunity To Talk To Planners
Published on Fri, 13 Feb 2004
Thinking of building a new house, or extending and renovating an existing one? Then go along to the King’s Hall this weekend and discuss any queries you may have with representatives from the Department of Environment’s Planning Service.
The Planning Service will again be manning a stand at the Self-Build and Extending and Renovating show which takes place this weekend in the King’s Hall, Belfast. The show takes place over three days starting at noon on Friday and ending at 6.00 pm on Sunday.
The Planning Service will have representatives throughout the weekend and you will be able to ask questions, get application forms and even have access to the Planning Service Web Site.
David Ferguson, Chief Executive of the Planning Service, said the Planning Service is keen to attend shows like this one to give people the opportunity to get information and advice about planning issues.
"We have been coming to this show for a number of years now and our stand is always one of the busiest.
"This is a good opportunity for members of the public to discuss informally any questions they have about building, renovating or extending."
Last year visitor numbers doubled to over 10,000 visitors and with over 150 exhibitors at this year’s event numbers are again expected to rise.
Notes to Editors
- The show takes place in the King’s Hall, Belfast.
- Opening Hours for the show: Friday 13, Noon – 8.00 pm; Sat 14 and Sun 15 February 2004, 10.00 am – 6.00 pm
- Information about the Self Build, Extending and Renovation show can be accessed on this website.
- The Self Build Extending and Renovating Show is organised by Corry Home Building Ltd. Tel: 028 9751 0570
- For further media information on the Planning Service, please contact Brian Kirk, DOE Information Office Tel 028 9054 0013.