Planning permission granted for new Social Housing Scheme at Skeoge Link, Derry - Durkan
Published on Wed, 4 Feb 2015 by email@example.com.
Environment Minister Mark H Durkan has announced planning permission for the construction of 197 much needed homes in Derry.
The proposals have now been passed by Derry City Council.
Minister Mark Durkan said: "I welcome Derry City Council giving their backing for this much needed boost to social housing in this area. It will provide a varied mix of housing units to cater for all the future residents including a house for people with complex needs. There is a real boost to the local economy as well, ensuring much needed construction jobs in these hard economic times.”
The proposal is for social housing units with landscaping and associated site works, on lands at Galliagh, south of Skeoge Link Road and adjacent to the Lower Galliagh Road.
This is an area of acute social housing need. The scheme includes a mix of housing types includes one and two bedroom apartments, two, three and four bedroom housing. The housing will be a mix of single to three storey dwellings, predominately semi detached with some small scale terrace rows. The proposal will include open space provision as required under the master plan for the whole area and incorporate a bus route.
Notes to editors:
- Planning application A/2007/0865/F for the Construction of 197 residential units with landscaping & associated site works was received and made valid by the Department on 15 August 2007.
- The application was initially made by Dingles Ltd, however Apex Housing Assoc. acquired the site and became the applicant on the 21 May 2014.
- The Department received no letters of objection.
- The application was presented to the Planning Committee of the Derry City Council on the 3 February 2015 with a recommendation to approve.
- For media enquiries contact DOE Press Office Tel: 028 9025 6057. Out of office hours, call the Executive Information Service’s Duty Press Officer on 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.