Planning permission for new drama suite and sports facilities at St Columb’s College, Derry
Published on Tue, 6 Jan 2015 by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environment Minister Mark H Durkan today announced planning permission for a new drama suite and sports and fitness facilities at St Columb’s College, Derry.The plans include the demolition of existing single storey buildings, removal of temporary buildings on the site and construction of a new sports and fitness building with alterations to form drama rooms.
Minister Mark H Durkan said: “I very much welcome Derry City Council’s backing for these new facilities at St. Columb’s. As a former pupil I am well aware of the school’s proud heritage in drama, music and sport. These new facilities will greatly enhance opportunities for pupils and teachers. Local community and parents groups will also be able to avail of these state of the art facilities.
“This application was recommended for approval within seven weeks of receipt and demonstrates my continuing commitment to a speedier, more efficient and fit for purpose planning system”.
Derry City Council ratified DOE’s recommendation for planning approval for the construction of the new sports and fitness building at the Planning Committee Meeting on 6 January 2015.
Notes to editors:
1. Planning Application A/2014/0539/F for the erection of a new sports and fitness building, alterations to form drama rooms and demolition of existing single storey buildings and removal of temporary buildings was received and made valid on 4 November 2014..
2. The applicants are The Trustees of St Columb’s College, Buncrana Rd, Derry.
3. The Department received no letters of objection.
4. The application was presented to the meeting of Derry City Council on 6 January 2015 with a recommendation to approve.
5. For media enquiries contact DOE Press Office Tel: 028 9025 6058. Out of office hours, call the Executive Information Service’s Duty Press Officer on 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.