Policy and Legislation News Archive
- Control of Development in Airport Public Safety Zones
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 - The Department has published the final version of the Policy Document Control of Development in Airport Public Safety Zones. This follows consultation on the draft document published in October 2006.
- Small Scale Renewable Energy (Microgeneration) Permitted Development Rights: Public Consultation Responses
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 - In January 2007 the Department published a consultation paper - "Microgeneration Permitted Development Rights". Reponses to this consultation are currently under consideration and are now available.
- Draft Planning Policy Statement 18: Renewable Energy
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 - The Department has published draft Planning Policy Statement 18 ‘Renewable Energy’ for public consultation.
- Draft PPS 14 - Questions and Answers
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 - Following Mr Justice Gillens judgement of 25 October 2007, the following information has been prepared to help answer any questions you may have on draft PPS14.
- Judgement made on Draft PPS14
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 - The Department of the Environment assumes responsibility for rural planning policy.
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Judicial Reviews
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 - Strategic Environmental Assessment Judicial Reviews
- Small Scale Renewable Energy (Microgeneration) Permitted Development Rights
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 - The purpose of this consultation is to obtain the views of the public and all interested parties on the provision of permitted development rights (‘PD rights’) for microgeneration (small scale renewable energy) development associated with dwellinghouses and within the curtilage of a dwellinghouse.
- Transport Assessment
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 - Guidelines for Development Proposals in Northern Ireland
- Publication of PPS3: Clarification of Policy AMP 3
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 - The Planning Service has published in final form a Clarification document dealing with the planning controls which will apply to access provision onto Protected Routes.
- Two New Statutory Rules made by the Department
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 - The two new rules made by the department are "The Planning Reform (2006 Order) (Commencement No. 2) Order (Northern Ireland) 2006" and "Planning (Development Plans) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2006".
- Satellite Dishes and Antennas Legislation
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 - This order comes into operation on 21st September 2006
- The Planning (Demolition - Description of Buildings) Direction 2006
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 - This direction comes into operation today (22/08/06).
- Interim Statement – Malone Conservation Area Character Appraisal
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 - The Planning Service has issued an Interim Statement entitled The Malone Conservation Area Character Appraisal.
- The Planning (Conservation Areas) (Consultation) Regs (NI) 2006
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 - The Planning (Conservation Areas) (Consultation) Regulations (NI) 2006 were made on the 30th June 2006 and come into operation on 31st July 2006.
- Planning Policy Statement 5 (PPS 5): Retailing, Town Centres and Commercial Leisure Developments
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 - The Department for Regional Development (DRD) has produced draft Planning Policy Statement 5 (PPS 5) – Retailing, Town Centres and Commercial Leisure Developments.
- Electronic Communications Legislation
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 - The Planning (Electronic Communications) Order (Northern Ireland) 2006 (SR 2006 No. 276)
- Amendment to Inquiry Procedure Rules
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 - The Planning (Inquiry Procedure) (Amendment) Rules (Northern Ireland) 2006 (SR 2006 No.259) comes into operation on 19th June 2006.
- Publication of PPS 15: Planning and Flood Risk
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 - The Planning Service has published the final version of Planning Policy Statement 15 on Planning and Flood Risk. This follows consultation on the draft document published in December 2004.
- New Building Preservation Notice Compensation Regulations
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 - The Planning (Claims for Compensation) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2006 (S.R.2006 No. 238)
- Londonderry Conservation Areas
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 - New and revised Conservation Areas within the Derry Area Plan District published.
- Two New Statutory Rules made by the Department: New Planning Legislation
Wed, 31 May 2006 - The Department has recently made 2 new Statutory Rules.
- Subordinate Planning Legislation Applied to the Crown
Mon, 22 May 2006 - The Planning (Application of Subordinate Legislation to the Crown) Order (Northern Ireland) 2006 (S.R. 2006 No. 218)
- Planning Reform (NI) Order 2006
Thu, 18 May 2006 - Made at Westminster on 9th May.
- Planning Policy Statement 14: Sustainable Development in the Countryside
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 - Draft Planning Policy Statement 14 has now been published.
- Publication of PPS 17: Control of Outdoor Advertisements
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 - The Planning Service has published the final version of Planning Policy Statement 17 on Control of Outdoor Advertisements
- Changes to Planning Fees from 9th December 2005
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 - The Planning (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2005 S.R. No. 505
- Consultation Paper on the Control of Major-Accident Hazards involving Dangerous Substances
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 - The purpose of the consultation is to obtain views on the draft legislation and in particular, on the need for a transitional provision on deemed consent.
- The Draft Planning Reform (Northern Ireland) Order and Explanatory Memorandum: A Public Consultation
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 - The purpose of this consultation is to seek the views of interested parties on the draft Order.
- Changes to Permitted Development Rights for Agricultural Buildings and Operations
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 - The EC Nitrates Directive 91/676/EEC seeks to reduce or prevent water pollution caused by the application and storage of organic manure and chemical fertiliser on farmland.
- Publication of PPS 6 Addendum - Areas of Townscape Character
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 - The Planning Service has published the final version of the Addendum to Planning Policy Statement (PPS) 6 on Areas of Townscape Character.
- Planning Agreements Amended Legislation
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 - The Statutory Rules set out below were made on the 27 July 2005.
- Nuisance High Hedges Consultation
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 - Consultation seeking information on the scale and geographical spread of problems with nuisance high hedges in Northern Ireland.
- Proposed Changes to EIA Regulations
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 - The Department of the Environment has issued a consultation paper which sets out the Departments proposals for implementing Article 3 of European Directive 2003/35/EC (the Public Participation Directive), which amends Council Directive 85/337/EEC (the Environmental Impact Assessment or EIA Directive).
- Planning for the Nitrates Directive: Permitted Development Rights
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 - The purpose of this consultation is to obtain views on a possible change to planning permitted development rights to facilitate compliance with the action programme being finalised by the Department of the Environment (DOE) and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) for implementation of the Nitrates Directive.