Proposed Permitted Development Rights For Microgeneration Development Consultation
Published on Wed, 21 Oct 2009 by firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the consultation is to obtain views on the Departments proposals on new permitted development rights for small scale renewable energy (microgeneration) development.
This consultation ended on Fri, 22 Jan 2010 at 6:00pm
The consultation paper has two strands.
Primarily it seeks the comments and views of the public and interested parties on proposals for microgeneration permitted development associated with non-domestic land uses, that is, land uses that are not associated with dwellinghouses.
A Policy Review of Permitted Development Rights for Small Scale Renewable Energy Development was commissioned from ENTEC UK Ltd by the Department. The report provided recommendations for the introduction of non-householder permitted development rights having considered the impact of extending permitted development rights to microgeneration development on neighbours, the wider community and the environment. It proposes exclusions and conditions to address those impacts.
The consultation paper sets out proposals based on these recommendations.
Secondly, the consultation paper also contains a section (Annex 1) dealing with proposals for domestic microgeneration permitted development rights that follows on from the previous consultation exercise undertaken by the Department in 2007. A copy of the 2007 domestic microgeneration PD policy review, the consultation document, responses and the Department’s summary analysis can be seen here. The current consultation document seeks views on both an appended draft Statutory Rule for Householder Microgeneration Permitted Development and the proposals set out in the previous consultation exercise.
Consultation responses should be with the Department on or before 22nd January 2010.
- Permitted Development Rights for Microgeneration Development Consultation Paper ( 337 KB)
- Consultation Response Form (printable) ( 185 KB)
- Consultation Response Form (electronic) ( 501 KB)
- Review of Permitted Development Rights for Non-domestic Small Scale Renewable Energy Development Policy Consideration ( 1234 KB)
- Regulatory Impact Assessment for Permitted Development Rights for Non Domestic Microgeneration ( 857 KB)
- Carrickfergus Borough Council ( 700 KB)
- Derryhale Residents Association ( 867 KB)
- Armagh CIty & District Council ( 1398 KB)
- Limavady Borough Council ( 1014 KB)
- RSPB NI ( 461 KB)
- NI Housing Council ( 264 KB)
- Newry & Mourne District Council CEHOG ( 43 KB)
- Action Renewables ( 328 KB)
- NI Chief Environmental Health Officers Group ( 219 KB)
- DCAL ( 689 KB)
- Sustainable Energy Association ( 334 KB)
- Arqiva ( 1008 KB)
- Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside ( 325 KB)
- Community Places ( 180 KB)
- Northern Ireland Environment Link ( 350 KB)
- Energy Saving Trust ( 1167 KB)
- Roads Service ( 200 KB)
- RTPI ( 78 KB)
- Historic Buildings Council ( 173 KB)
- DPP ( 799 KB)
- EPLANI ( 863 KB)
- Ulster Farmers Union ( 1463 KB)
- North Down Borough Council ( 193 KB)
- Fermanagh District Council ( 73 KB)
- National Trust ( 324 KB)
- Belfast International Airport ( 868 KB)
- Lough Neagh & Lower Bann Advisory Committees ( 321 KB)
- NI Energy Agency ( 333 KB)
- Renewable Energy Association ( 333 KB)
- Historic Monuments Council ( 227 KB)
- Ulster Angling Club ( 316 KB)
- Individual 1 ( 314 KB)
- Iveagh Angling Club ( 315 KB)
- Northern Ireland Manufacturing ( 321 KB)
- NATS ( 323 KB)
- Omagh Angling Association ( 187 KB)
- Northern Ireland Federation of Housing Association ( 179 KB)
- British Wind Energy ( 332 KB)
- Irish Wind Energy Association ( 604 KB)
- NIE Energy Supply ( 926 KB)
- Antrim Borough Council ( 994 KB)
- Lisburn City Council ( 836 KB)
- Belfast City Council ( 324 KB)
- NIPSA ( 10 KB)
- SEABEnergy ( 1894 KB)