Latest uncategorised news in Planning Service:
- Changes to Planning
Tue, 31 Mar 2015 - On 1 April 2015, the Department of the Environment will transfer responsibility for the majority of planning functions to local government. This marks the most significant change to our planning system in over 40 years and empowers local councils to shape how their area grows and develops.
- MLA Information Leaflet on Planning Processes
Tue, 31 Mar 2015 - The Department has prepared a leaflet for MLAs advising of planning processes under the new two-tier planning system
- Retained Planning and Enforcement Cases
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 - Transitional provisions for dealing with undetermined planning applications and for certain enforcement cases in Strategic Planning Division.
- Guidance on Planning Element of Councillors' Code of Conduct
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 - The Department has published the final version of guidance on the application of the Councillors’ Code of Conduct (the Code) with regard to planning matters. This follows public consultation on the draft guidance published in September 2014.
- New Arrangements for Planning applications
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 - We are making some changes to prepare for the transfer of planning functions to the new councils on 1st April 2015.
- New Local Planning Offices -January 2015
Mon, 29 Dec 2014 - New local planning offices will open in both the Lisburn & Castlereagh and Antrim & Newtownabbey Councils in January 2015.
- Planning Functions In Newry, Mourne and Down Council – Pathfinding Project
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 - A copy of the Key Dates, figures and a Question and Answer Sheet in relation to the Pathfinding Project for the transfer of Planning Functions to Newry, Mourne and Down Council
- The Road to Organisational Design Seminar
Tue, 27 Aug 2013 - A copy of the presentation given at The Road to Organisational Design Seminar held in the Craigavon Civic Centre on Friday 23 August 2013 is attached below.
- Minutes of Sixth Planning Forum
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - Environment Minister, Alex Attwood, chaired the sixth meeting of the non-statutory advisory Planning Forum on 7 August 2012.
- Planned downtime for NI Planning Portal
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 -
- Important information for all DOE Planning customers
Wed, 9 May 2012 - Due to industrial action by NIPSA on 10 May 2012 there may be some interruption to service to our customers.
- Minutes of Fifth Planning Forum
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 -
- Minutes of Fourth Planning Forum
Fri, 4 May 2012 - Environment Minister, Alex Attwood, chaired the fourth meeting of the non-statutory advisory Planning Forum on 7 December 2011.
- Planned Down time for NI Planning Portal and the Public Access website
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 -
- Introduction of P1W form for Wind Farm and Wind Turbine Applications
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 -
- GBBCA Planning agreement modificaton process - Online representations submissions closing soon
Mon, 28 May 2012 -
- GBBCA Modification Process - Online representation submissions now live
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 -
- New single wind turbine applications now to be processed by area offices
Mon, 2 Apr 2012 - New planning applications for single wind turbines received from Monday 2nd April 2012 will be processed by Area Planning Offices.
- Northern Ireland Housing Land Availability Summary Report 2011
Wed, 1 Feb 2012 - Northern Ireland Housing Land Availability Summary Report 2011
- 2011/12 Second Quarter Statistical Bulletin
Thu, 22 Dec 2011 - The second quarter development management report and press release is now available for download.
- Minutes of Third Planning Forum
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 - Environment Minister, Alex Attwood, chaired the third meeting of the non-statutory advisory Planning Forum on 21 September 2011.
- 2011/12 First Quarter Statistical Bulletin
Thu, 29 Sep 2011 - The first quarter development management report and press release is now available for download.
- Minutes of Second Planning Forum
Fri, 22 Jul 2011 - Environment Minister, Alex Attwood, chaired the second meeting of the non-statutory advisory Planning Forum on 29 June 2011.
- Revised P1C Form - Planning Application for a Dwelling on a Farm
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 - This revised P1C Form is for immediate use and should be fully completed and submitted when applying for planning permission for a dwelling on a farm under Policy CTY10 of Planning Policy Statement (PPS) 21: Sustainable Development in the Countryside.
- Planning Website Availability
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 -
- 2010/2011 Third Quarter Statistical Bulletin
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 -
- Northern Ireland Housing Land Availability Summary Report 2010
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 - The Northern Ireland Housing Land Availability Summary Report 2010 has been prepared and published by Planning Service Headquarters.
- Minutes of First Planning Forum
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 - Environment Minister, Edwin Poots, chaired the first meeting of a new Planning Forum on 12 January 2011 as he continues to press forward with the programme for planning reform.
- Planning Service Customer Satisfaction Survey 2010
Wed, 22 Dec 2010 -
- 2010/11 Second Quarterly Statistical Bulletin
Fri, 10 Dec 2010 -
- Customer Notice - Installation of ePIC in Downpatrick Divisional Office
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 -
- Customer Notice - Installation of ePIC in Omagh & Enniskillen Offices
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 -
- Customer Notice - Installation of ePIC in Londonderry & Coleraine Offices
Thu, 21 Oct 2010 -
- SEA Transboundary Consultation Best Practice Guidance Note
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 -
- Disruption to Planning Service Internet portal
Fri, 8 Oct 2010 -
- 2010/11 First Quarterly Statistical Bulletin
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 -
- Customer Notice
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 -
- Customer Notice - Installation of ePIC in Ballymena Division
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 -
- Customer Notice
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 -
- Government Response to the Planning Reform Consultation and Final EQIA at a Strategic Level
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 - The formal Government Response to the proposals outlined in last year's public consultation paper, 'Reform of the Planning System in Northern Ireland: Your Chance to Influence Change', has now been published.
- 2009/2010 Third Quarterly Statistical Bulletin (October to December 09)
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 -
- Magee Conservation Area (Draft) Design Guide
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 - The Magee Conservation Area (Draft) Design Guide is now available for consultation
- 2009/10 Second Quarterly Statistical Bulletin (July to September 2009)
Thu, 10 Dec 2009 - The second Quarterly statistical bulletin 2009/10 is now available on line.
- Independent Report from the Planning Reform Consultation Events
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 - The Independent Report from the Planning Reform Consultation Events has now been published.
- 2009/10 First Quarterly Statistical Bulletin (April to June 2009)
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 - The first Quarterly statistical bulletin 2009/10 is now available on line
- 2008/09 Annual Development Publication
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 - 2008/09 Annual Development Publication is now available.
- Planning Reform Consultation Events
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 -
- New NI Direct Website
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 -
- The Fourth Quarterly Statistical Publication is now available
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 -
- Guidance on Renewing Planning Permission and Starting Development
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 - Guidance on the renewal of planning permission under draft PPS21 and starting development has now been published.
- Northern Ireland Housing Land Availability Summary Report 2008
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 - The Northern Ireland Housing Land Availability Summary Report 2008 has been prepared and published by Planning Service Headquarters.
- Planning Service Website Downtime on Sunday 1st March
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 - The Planning Service website will be unavailable on Sunday 1st March 2009 from 9am to 12pm.
- Launch of new Planning Service Website on 18/02/09
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 - Planning Service will launch the next iteration of its website on Wednesday 18th Feb 2009.
- Draft P1C Form for a Dwelling on a Farm, Addendum to P1 Form and Amended P1 Checklist.
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 - The following documents are to be used in conjunction with Draft PPS 21 and are for immediate use.
- 2008/09 Second Quarterly Statistical Bulletin
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 - 2008/09 Second Quarterly Statistical Bulletin (July to September 2008) now available.
- Access to Development Plan Representations & Counter Objections
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 - Access to the Development Plan Representations and Counter Objections has been temporarily withdrawn.
- Northern Ireland Housing Land Availability Summary Report 2007
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 - The Northern Ireland Housing Land Availability Summary Report 2007 has been prepared and published by Planning Service Headquarters.
- Review of Public Administration Decisions
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 - Minister Foster announces decisions on Local Government Reform.
- Reinstatement of Information available with Council Schedules
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 - Following updated guidance from the Information Commissioner's office, the name and address contact details for applicants has been reinstated on Council Schedules posted on this website
- Your Opportunity to talk to Planners
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 - Planners will be available at the Self Build Extend and Renovate Show in Belfast for 3 days starting at noon on Friday 20th Feb to 6pm on Sunday 22 February 2009.
- Commenting on a Planning Application in the Derry City Council Area
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 - The Departments consultation arrangements with Derry City Council have changed for those planning applications generally considered straightforward and non-contentious and which have attracted no objections. This leaflet provides advice on the changes and how to become involved in the development control planning process.
- Statistical Planning Information
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 - The document contains information on a new online statistical service being developed for Planning Service.
- Revised Planning Application - Householder Development Form PHD
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 - Revised Householder Development (PHD) Planning Application Form is now available.
- Planning Reform Consultation Responses
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 - Responses to the public consultation on the proposals for reform of the planning system