Durkan gives green light to multi million pound storage and distribution centre in Newtownabbey
Published on Tue, 12 Nov 2013 by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environment Minister Mark H Durkan has announced DOE Planning approval for a 2,700 square metre storage and distribution unit in Newtownabbey.The proposal is for a £2.5 million storage/distribution warehouse with office space and car parking at Sandyknowes Business Park on the Antrim Road which makes it readily available to the M2 motorway.
The development company – Lisleen 2012 LLP is a local company which is developing the facility for an international organisation. They anticipate the build will be completed by summer 2014 and will create 60-70 jobs during the construction phase with 35-40 full time jobs when complete.
Mark H Durkan said: “This is a boost for Newtownabbey. The significant investment demonstrates a confidence in the local economy from an international investor which is good news for business.
“This decision has been turned around in just under three months and demonstrates once again how the planning system can and is delivering for business. I will continue to ensure the right decisions are made as quickly as possible and that DOE builds a better environment and a stronger economy.”
DOE Planning consulted with Newtownabbey Borough Council on 11 November 2013 who raised no objections to the proposal.
Notes to Editors:
1. Planning application U/2013/0225/F was received by the Department on the 25 July 2013.
2. The proposal is for a proposed storage/distribution warehouse with associated internal office space and car parking at Sandyknowes Business Park, 605 Antrim Road, Belfast, BT36 4RY.
3. The applicant is Lisleen 2012 LLP and the agent is WDR & RT Taggart, Belfast.
4. There were no objections to the application.
5. The application was presented to Newtownabbey Borough Council on the 11 November 2013.
6. For media enquiries contact DOE Press Office Tel: 028 9025 6058. Out of office hours, call the Executive Information Service’s Duty Press Officer on 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.