Planning approval recommended for playing pitches and clubhouse at Bay Road, Derry - Durkan
Published on Thu, 28 Nov 2013 by email@example.com.
Environment Minister Mark H Durkan has announced that DOE Planning has recommended planning approval for nine new playing pitches and a clubhouse, to the rear of 16 Bay Road, Derry.The Minister said: “This new leisure facility, adjacent to Bay Road Local Nature Reserve, will inject investment into the locality and will also benefit the city as a whole with a new citywide facility.
“It will help to improve health and wellbeing, will provide excellent sporting facilities for the young people in the area and will help Derry to continue to produce fine young players.”
Mark H Durkan added: “I will continue to ensure the right decisions are made and that DOE builds a better environment and a stronger economy.”
The application includes associated car parking, fencing and floodlighting.
Derry City Council will be consulted on the proposal at its next Planning Committee meeting on 3 December 2013.
Notes to editors:
1. Planning application A/2012/0238/F Erection of nine playing pitches, club house, associated car parking and fencing and flood lighting to the Rear of 16 Bay Road Derry was by the Department on 24th May 2012.
2. The applicants are Fortuna Enterprises, Brunswick Lane, Pennyburn, Derry.
3. The Department received no objections. Five letters and one petition of support were received.
4. The application will be presented to the meeting of Derry City Council on 3 December 2013 with an opinion to approve.
5. For media enquiries contact the DOE Press Office on 028 9025 6057. Out of office hours, call the Executive Information Service’s Duty Press Officer on 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.