News Releases Archive: 2005
- Retail Development in Craigavon, Lurgan and Portadown
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 - The Department of Environment Planning Service has published the Draft Craigavon Town Centre Boundaries and Retail Designations Plan.
- South-North Gas Pipeline Gets Go Ahead
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 - Environment Minister Jeff Rooker has announced his intention to grant planning permission for the south-north gas pipeline.
- Unauthorised Dwelling Demolished in Portstewart
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 - A two-storey house which was not built in accordance with planning permission has been demolished in Portstewart.
- Proposed New Planning Laws
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 - Environment Minister, Jeff Rooker, today announced the start of consultation on legislation to reform the planning system.
- Belfast City Airport Inquiry
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 - The next stage in the review of the Belfast City Airport Planning Agreement has been announced.
- Rooker Reduced Planning Burden For Farmers
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 - Environment Minister, Jeff Rooker is to change 'permitted development' rights and planning controls on storage for farm slurry.
- Extra Protection For Our Townscapes
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 - New planning policies will aim to protect the distinctive character and appearance of our towns and villages.
- Nuisance Hedges
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 - Rooker asks public to report nuisance hedges.
- Planning Service Procedures to be Further Streamlined
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 - Environment Minister Jeff Rooker has announced the introduction of further measures to speed up the planning process.
- Quarrying Stopping To Protect Environment
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 - A Discontinuance Notice has been served on the owners of Rooskey Quarry Enniskillen, requiring that no further rock be extracted.
- Green Light For New Police Training College
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 - Planning approval is to be granted for a new Police Training College at Desertcreat outside Cookstown.
- Planning For The Nitrates Directive
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 - Following discussions with DARD, the DOE is considering changes to Planning requirements from farmers in light of the European Nitrates Directive.
- Developers Convicted Over The Unauthorised Demolition Of Listed Buildings
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 - A Magherafelt developer has been fined £500 for demolishing listed buildings in Portstewart.
- John Lewis Gets Green Light
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 - Environment Minister Jeff Rooker has announced his intention to grant planning permission for a major development at Sprucefield.
- Limavady Listed Building Demolition Stopped
Fri, 20 May 2005 - DOE Planning Service has been given authority to stop further demolition of a listed building in Limavady.
- Launch of Draft Northern Area Plan
Wed, 11 May 2005 - The DOE Planning Service has published the Draft Northern Area Plan, outlining policy on development in the Districts of Ballymoney, Coleraine, Limavady and Moyle up to 2016.
- Jerrettspass Telecommunications Tower
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 - DOE Planning Service announced today that it has served a Discontinuance Notice requiring the removal of telecommunications equipment at Jerrettspass, Newry, and the restoration of the land to its original state.
- Three Major Landfill Applications Approved
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, has signalled her Department’s intention to approve three regional landfill proposals to meet the urgent need for waste disposal facilities in the Belfast area and the eastern part of the Province.
- Angela Smith Announces Planning Fees Increase
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, today announced increases in planning fees.
- Planning Blue Print For Dungannon
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, MP, today announced the publication of the Dungannon and South Tyrone Area Plan.
- Pilot Planning Service Scheme to Speed up Process
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 - A further move in our commitment to speed up the planning process has been announced with the start of a pilot scheme to return all invalid planning applications.
- Crosshill Quarry Asbestos Storage Facilities Approved
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 - The Environment Minister, Angela Smith, has confirmed that the asbestos storage facility at Crosshill Quarry, Crumlin will be approved.
- Ministers Clarify Development Plans
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 - Regional Development Minister, John Spellar, MP, and Angela Smith, MP, Minister for the Environment, issued a joint statement today, to end uncertainty about the importance of emerging development plans in deciding planning applications.
- Smith Announces Way Forward For Northern Area Plan
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, MP, moved to end uncertainty over the publication of the Northern Area Plan today.
- Major Business Park and Retail Development Approved at Bandbridge
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, today signalled her Department’s intention to approve a major business park, retail warehouse development and factory outlet centre, at Banbridge. The site is on the edge of the town beside the Belfast - Dublin dual carriageway.