News Releases Archive: 2004
- Planning Controls Over Demolition Tightened
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, MP, announced the introduction of new planning controls over demolition today.
- Launch of Belfast Metropolitan Area Plan and Belfast Metropolitan Transport Plan
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, and Regional Development Minister, John Spellar, today announced the publication of the Belfast Metropolitan Area Plan (BMAP) and the Belfast Metropolitan Transport Plan (BMTP).
- Planning Belfast City Airport Future
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, today announced the launch of an open public consultation exercise on Belfast City Airport’s request for a review of its current Planning Agreement.
- Planning Service To Act On Handling Plant At Finnebrogue
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 - DOE Planning Service has announced that it will reactivate its enforcement proceedings against the owner of a game farm handling plant in Co Down
- Planning Service Acts On Concerns About Houses In Multiple Occupancy
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, today announced new legislation to tighten planning control on houses in multiple occupancy (HMO). This will be The Planning (Use Classes) Order (Northern Ireland) 2004.
- New Planning Guide Strengthens Holywood Conservation
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 - Planning Service Chief Executive, David Ferguson, announced the publication of a new planning guide for Holywood today.
- Planners Seek Views On Northern Ireland's Largest Conservation Area
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 - Planning Service Chief Executive, David Ferguson, announced the launch of a public consultation exercise on the Malone Conservation Area in Belfast today.
- Planning Service Acts To Meet Customer Demands
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 - Environment Minister Angela Smith today announced action to be taken within the Planning Service to tackle the unprecedented increase in planning applications.
- Angela Smith Planning For The Future
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, MP, spoke to local councillors today about developing a planning system to meet the future needs of Northern Ireland.
- Major Planning Applications, How Are They Handled
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 - New guidance has been published that explains how Planning Service will handle major planning applications.
- Planning Blue Print For Craigavon
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, MP, today published the Area Plan that will guide the development of Craigavon Borough up to 2010.
- Angela Smith Outlines Further Planning Reforms
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith MP, today launched further proposals to tackle delays and strengthen the planning system.
- Strike Action At Planning Offices
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 - The Planning Service apologises to all customers who may be affected by the current industrial action, which is disrupting the processing of planning applications in some offices.
- Planning Blueprint For Cookstown
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 - Angela Smith MP, the Environment Minister, has published a plan that will guide the development of the Cookstown District to 2010.
- New Conservation Area To Take Lurgan Forward
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, MP, announced the designation of a Conservation Area in Lurgan, Co. Armagh today.
- Londonderry's Conservation Areas Revisited
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith MP, invited the public today to comment on the review of the Historic City and Clarendon Street Conservation Areas in Londonderry.
- Planners List Council Schedules and Valid Applications On Web
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 - DOE Planning Service announced today, the publication of council schedules and lists of valid planning applications, on the Planning website.
- New Conservation Area Protects Holywood's Heritage
Wed, 12 May 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, MP, this morning announced the designation of a Conservation Area in Holywood, Co Down.
- Just What Do The Planners Take Into Account When Assessing Applications?
Mon, 10 May 2004 - Environment Minister Angela Smith, MP, today issued a new leaflet which will answer questions about what documents and other matters the Planning Service considers when making planning decisions.
- Angela Smith Announces Decision on Four Major Retail Applications In South Belfast
Thu, 6 May 2004 - Environment Minister, Angela Smith, MP, announced her decision to approve a retail application at Newtownbreda today. The Minister also announced that three other retail applications in the area would be refused planning permission.
- Planning Blueprint For Magherafelt
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 - Angela Smith MP, the Minister of the Environment, published today the Draft Area Plan that will guide development in the Magherafelt District for the next 10 years.
- Consultation On Armagh Planning Issues
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 - David Ferguson, Chief Executive of the Planning Service, formally launched the Armagh Area Plan 2018 Issues Paper at the Market Place Theatre, Armagh today.
- Angela Smith Announces Planning Fees Increase
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith, MP, today announced a ten percent increase in planning fees to take effect from 12 April 2004.
- SEA Directive Looks To The Future
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 - Angela Smith MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, launched a consultation today on the implementation of the European Commission SEA Directive on the assessment of the effects of government plans and programmes on the environment.
- Angela Smith Pledges To Protect Open Spaces
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State Angela Smith, MP, pledged to protect Open Spaces today when she issued a new planning policy statement on open space and outdoor recreation.
- Minister 'Signs Off' Consultation Paper For Advertisement Policy
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State Angela Smith, MP, today invited business and the public to comment on new planning policy for outdoor advertisements and signs.
- Opportunity To Talk To Planners
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 - Thinking of building a new house, or extending and renovating an existing one? Then go along to the King’s Hall this weekend and discuss any queries you may have with representatives from the Department of Environment’s Planning Service.
- National Award For Planning Achievement
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 - The Royal Town Planning Institute has recognised the Lagan Valley Island Civic and Arts Centre, Lisburn, with a 2003 RTPI Planning Award. Lagan Valley complex was one of just 17 finalists from 103 entries across the UK and Ireland.
- Design Issues Under The Spotlight
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 - David Ferguson, the Chief Executive of the Planning Service, launched a 2-day conference examining the connections between plans and the quality of the environment we live in.