News Releases Archive: 2003
- Green Light For Cascum Road, Banbridge Retail Development
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 - DOE Planning Service issued a decision notice on 17 December 2003 granting outline planning permission to a major new retail development at Cascum Road, Banbridge.
- More Planning Enforcement Powers From November
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 - DOE Planning Service announced today that more powers relating to planning enforcement and the protection of trees will be in operation from 12 November 2003.
- Angela Smith Announces The First Steps Towards Electronic Planning
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 - All relevant strategy, policy and control documents that govern the planning process are now on-line for the first time.
- Angela Smith Seeks To Reduce Unnecessary Planning Applications
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 - Unnecessary planning applications for minor development such as additional satellite dishes and other antennas, and small extensions to schools, universities and hospitals should not be allowed to clog up the system.
- Caledon Conservation Area Extended
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 - DOE redesignated the Georgian village of Caledon as a Conservation Area today. Caledon was originally designated a Conservation Area in 1984, and the boundaries have been extended to include important sites within the Conservation Area.
- Smith Signals Refusal For Major Retail Facilities In Antrim
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 - Angela Smith MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, signalled her intention to refuse planning permission for a major development in Antrim.
- Angela Smith Comes Down Tough On Developer At The Diamond, Portstewart
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State Angela Smith, MP, today announced that the DOE’s Planning Service had served an Enforcement Notice and a Stop Notice on NM Developments in relation to an unauthorised development at 9 and 11 the Diamond, Portstewart.
- Should There Be Greater Freedom To Change The Use Of Buildings Without Planning Permission, Asks Angela Smith?
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith, MP, today launched a consultation paper on the review of planning regulations that allow certain uses of buildings or land to be changed without planning permission.
- Buildings And Public Spaces Must Have 'Access For All' Says Angela Smith
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith MP, today invited the public to comment on a new guide, entitled ‘Access for All’, about making buildings and public spaces more accessible.
- Angela Smith Consults On Siting And Design Of Masts
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith MP, today invited the public to comment on new design guidance for telecommunication masts.
- Planning Fees Should Reflect The Full Cost Of Processing Planning Applications, Argues Angela Smith
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith MP, today launched a consultation paper on planning fees.
- Victoria Square Retail Development To Get Planning Permission
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 - Angela Smith MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, today issued a notice of opinion to grant planning approval for the Victoria Square retail development in Belfast City Centre.
- Quarriers Commitment To The Environment is Set In Stone
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 - Angela Smith MP, Parliamentary-Under Secretary of State, launched the Environmental Awards Scheme of the quarries organisation, Quarry Products Association, today.
- Smith Announces Telecommunications Development Adjustments
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith, MP, the Minister of the Environment, today announced a technical adjustment of permitted development rights for telecommunications to facilitate minor day-to-day operations including the installation of underground cables and junction boxes.
- DOE Gives Permission To Replace Warrenpoint Rectory
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 - The DOE’s Planning Service is to grant permission to Canon Kearney to replace the Rectory of the Church of Mary, Queen of Peace, Clonallon Road, Warrenpoint.
- Angela Smith Announces Planning Fees Increase
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith, MP, today announced a 14% increase in planning fees to take effect from 3 March 2003.
- Angela Smith Announces A Major Shake Up In Planning Over The Next Three Years
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith, MP, today announced a major shake up in planning in the next three years in Northern Ireland and said she is determined to create a more coordinated, transparent, speedier, and efficient planning process.
- Smith Announces Consultation On New Planning And Economic Development
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith, MP, today invited the public to comment on a Revised Planning Policy Statement: PPS 4 "Industry, Business and Distribution" produced by DOE Planning Service.