Consultation: PPS 16 (Draft): Tourism
Published on Tue, 23 Nov 2010 by email@example.com.
The Department has today launched a public consultation upon draft Planning Policy Statement (PPS) 16: Tourism.
This consultation ended on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 at 11:15am
This draft PPS sets out the Department’s planning policy for tourism development and for the safeguarding of tourism assets. The aim of the PPS is to manage the provision of sustainable and high quality tourism developments in appropriate locations within the built and natural environment.
The objectives of this statement are to:
- facilitate sustainable tourism development in an environmentally sensitive manner
- safeguard tourism assets from inappropriate development
- utilise and develop the tourism potential of settlements by facilitating tourism development of an appropriate nature, location and scale
- sustain a vibrant rural community by supporting tourism development of an appropriate nature, location and scale in rural areas
- ensure a high standard of quality and design for all tourism development.
Consultation responses should be with the Department on or before the 25 March 2011.