Planning Portal

Information Leaflet 6: Certificates of Lawful Use or Development
How do I apply for a Certificate of Lawful Use or Development?

You will need to complete and submit the appropriate application form, along with the correct fee and additional information which is detailed on the application forms and accompanying guidance notes. Separate application forms are available for existing and proposed development (forms LDC1 and LDC2). If you are unsure which application form to complete please discuss with a planning officer before you submit. Copies of these application forms can be obtained from the Planning Service website or any Divisional Planning Office.
You may wish to appoint an agent to act on your behalf. This can be an architect, planner, surveyor or other professional adviser. All matters concerning your application will be addressed to them.
Previous Next
Get Adobe Reader software (link opens in a new browser window)