Information Leaflet 1: Your Permitted Development Rights and Environmental Assessment
Date: Revised September 2012
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is needed for development projects which are likely to have significant effects on the environment.
For a project which needs planning permission, EIA takes place as part of the preparation and consideration of the planning application.
- What is Environmental Impact Assesment (EIA) ?
- What Type of Development is Subject to Environmental Impact Assessment?
- What is a Sensitive Area?
- Who Decides Whether EIA is Needed?
- Which Permitted Development Proposals are Likely to Require Environmental Impact Assessment?
- How does the Planning Service judge if development is EIA development?
- What if the proposal is Environmental Impact Assessment Development?
- What are the Benefits of Environmental Impact Assessment?