Frequently asked Questions
Answers to some of the questions most frequently put to the Planning Authority (now under Planning and Local Government Group). If you cannot find the answer you are looking for here, please find details on our contact us page.
- About Planning and Local Government Group...
- Do I require Planning Permission?
- How do I...
- Do I need Planning Permission to...
- How do I appeal a refusal of planning permission or a condition imposed on a planning approval?
- What issues do I need to take into consideration when planning a house in the countryside?
- What issues do I need to take into consideration when planning a house in a town or village?
- What do Planning and Local Government Group do?
- Where can I find key contact details for Strategic Planning Division and Local Planning Division?
- Where can I find information about the Modernising Planning Processes initiative?
- Apply for Planning Permission?
- Appoint an agent to act on my behalf?
- Find out about Certificates of Lawful Use or Development?
- Find out about Enforcement in Northern Ireland?
- Find out about Environmental Assessments?
- Find out about my permitted development rights and environmental assessment?
- Find out information about Tree Preservation Orders?
- Make a comment on a planning application?
- Make a complaint?
- Calculate my Planning Application Fees?
- Extend my home?
- Build a garage or carport?
- Build a porch?
- Undertake repairs and maintenance to my home?
- Erect a garden shed or greenhouse?
- Erect a wall or fence?
What issues do I need to take into consideration when planning a house in the countryside?
- Planning Policy Statement 21: Sustainable Development in the Countryside ( 345 KB)
(Draft PPS 14 was withdrawn in November 2008)
- A Design Guide for Rural Northern Ireland
- A Planning Strategy for Rural Northern Ireland