Planning Portal

Changes of use requiring a planning application

Applications for planning permission are always required for material changes of use involving
  • amusement centres,
  • betting office, a hotel,
  • a house in multiple occupation,
  • a funeral undertakers,
  • scrap yards,
  • petrol filling stations,
  • car showrooms,
  • taxi and car hire businesses,
  • hostels, swimming baths,
  • skating rink,
  • gymnasiums or areas for other indoor or outdoor sports,
  • the sale of food or drink for consumption on the premises or of hot food for consumption off the premises
  • uses for or in connection with public worship or religious instruction.
  • use as a waste management facility
  • any work to be registered under the Industrial Pollution Control Order and the Pollution Prevention and Control Regulations.
Get Adobe Reader software (link opens in a new browser window)