PPS 3: Access, Movement and Parking
In exercise of its responsibility for planning control in Northern Ireland the Department assesses development proposals against all planning policies and other material considerations that are relevant to it.
The planning policies of this Statement must therefore be read together and in conjunction with the relevant contents of the Department’s development plans and other planning policy publications, including the Regional Development Strategy. The Department will also have regard to the contents of published supplementary planning guidance documents.
The following policies set out the main planning considerations that the Department will take into account in assessing: the provision made for access, movement and parking in proposals for new development; proposals for car parks; and proposals which affect routes afforded protection for future transport proposals. The provisions of these policies will prevail unless there are other overriding policy or material considerations which outweigh them and justify a contrary decision.
The following policies are covered:
- AMP 1: Creating an Accessible Environment
- AMP 2: Access to Public Roads
- AMP 3: Access to Protected Routes
- AMP 4: Protection for New Transport Schemes
- AMP 5: Disused Transport Routes
- AMP 6: Transport Assessment
- AMP 7: Car Parking and Servicing Arrangements
- AMP 8: Cycle Provision
- AMP 9: Design of Car Parking
- AMP 10: Provision of Public and Private Car Parks
- AMP 11: Temporary Car Parks