PPS 1: General Principles
Policy Publications: Regional Strategic Framework
29. In November 1997 the Department published a discussion paper, ‘Shaping our Future - Towards a Strategy for the Development of the Region’. This paper is a consultative document to seek public views on the Regional Strategic Framework.
30. It is anticipated that the Regional Strategic Framework will be published in December 1998, following a period of public consultation and an Examination in Public. When complete it will have four main elements:
- a long-term strategic vision for the development of the Region;
- a set of guiding principles, strategic goals, policies and targets;
- a strategy for the location of physical development within the Region; and
- a long-term action plan for the implementation of the strategic vision.
The Regional Strategic Framework will provide the strategic context for the formulation of subsequent development plans.