Ards and Down Area Plan 2015
Ards Borough: Glastry
|Proposal GSY 01 Settlement Limit|
|A Settlement Limit is designated in accordance with Policy SETT 1 in Volume 1 of the Plan and as indicated on Map No. 2/028, Glastry Settlement Map.|
Glastry is a settlement in two parts and the Settlement Limit has been drawn to reflect this. To the north east the limit is drawn around the school and the group of dwellings opposite to prevent further ribboning of development along Victoria Road and Main Road. To the south west the limit has been drawn around the present development form to prevent development spreading any further along Victoria Road, Manse Road, Glastry Road and into the surrounding countryside.
Interim sewage disposal measures or development phasing may be necessary for future housing schemes until such time as the required upgrade to the Waste Water Treatment Works serving Glastry is complete and fully operational.
Those features or combination of features that contribute to the environmental quality, integrity or character of this area are listed below.
LLPA 1 Presbyterian Church, Glastry House, and surroundings
- series of listed or locally important buildings, visually linked by surrounding mature trees and vegetation, give the impression of a traditional rural settlement with an attractive setting;
- listed Presbyterian Church and its setting including graveyards to rear and hall to side;
- large traditional dwelling – Glastry House and remnants of its former landscaped grounds including walled garden and tree lined avenue to south;
- two manses included, one within the original grounds of Glastry House and the other adjacent to the listed church; and
- smaller buildings surrounded by mature vegetation at important road junction