News Releases Archive: 2008
- Man fined £1,000 for non-compliance with enforcement notice
Wed, 17 Dec 2008 - A Co Londonderry man was today fined £1,000 plus £75 to the Department of the Environment and £25 court costs, for non-compliance with an enforcement notice.
- Environment Minister launches houses in multiple occupancy plan for Belfast
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 - Environment Minister Sammy Wilson today launched a new plan to manage the number of multiple occupancy houses in Belfast shared by students and single people.
- Titanic Quarter Planning Progress
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 - Minister Hails Spirit of Co-operation Behind Titanic Quarter Planning Progress
- Minister Outlines Plans
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 - Minister Outlines Plans to Speed Up Planning Process
- Developer Fined for Non Compliance with Breach of Condition Notice
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 - A developer was fined at Belfast Laganside Court on Tuesday 2nd December 2008 for non-compliance with a Breach of Condition Notice served in respect of landscaping.
- Londonderry man fined £10,000
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 - LONDONDERRY MAN FINED £10,000 FOR NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ENFORCEMENT NOTICES
- Owner fined for demolition
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 - Owner Fined £11,000 for Demolition of Listed Buildings
- Man found guilty of wilful obstruction and planning breach
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 - Mr Frank Curley, (41), of Carntall Road, Newtownabbey, was today found guilty at Laganside Magistrates’ Court, of obstructing Planning Service staff and a breach of planning control.
- Fined for breach of Tree Preservation Order
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 - On Friday the 19 September 2008, Dr Brian Cupples of Harrybrook House, Clare, Tandragee, Co Armagh was fined for the breach of a Tree Preservation Order at Clare Glen, Tandragee.
- Fined for illegal signage
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 - Crumlin man fined £400 plus £83 costs for displaying an advertisement in contravention of the Planning Regulations.
- Belfast man fined £7,500 for non compliance with planning enforcement notice
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 - A Belfast man has been fined £7,500 plus £88 court costs for failing to comply with a planning enforcement notice on land in Co. Fermanagh.
- Armagh company fined £2,500 for tree preservation order breach
Fri, 16 May 2008 - Mallor Limited of Mall View Terrace, Armagh, was fined £2,500 at Armagh Magistrates' Court today for the breach of a Tree Preservation Order.
- Man fined £1000 for planning breach
Fri, 16 May 2008 - Man fined £1,000 plus £85.00 costs for
failing to cease the use of two dwellings as offices.
- Public Records move gets the green light from planners
Mon, 12 May 2008 - Millions of public records are on the move, following the approval of a planning application for a new £29million Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI).
- Environment Minister welcomes Planning Service Success in Londonderry
Fri, 9 May 2008 - Straightforward planning applications in Londonderry are now being processed in just 21 working days, thanks to a Streamlined Consultation pilot scheme.
- Unauthorised building demolised in Carrickmore
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 - A printing premises built without planning permission has been demolished as a result of enforcement action by the Omagh Divisional Planning Office.
- 30,000 planning decisions made 2006/07
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - Decisions on almost 30,000 planning applications were made in 2006/07, according to statistics released today by the Department of the Environment.
- Planners give advice on how to extend your home
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 - Environment Minister, Arlene Foster, today issued revised policy and guidance for those planning to alter or extend their homes.
- Dungannon solicitor fined for displaying unauthorised signs
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 - A solicitor was fined £300 at Dungannon Magistrates’ Court yesterday for breach of planning regulations.
- Man fined for illegal signage
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 - A Kilrea man was fined £300 plus £86 costs at Coleraine Magistrates Court today after pleading guilty to erecting an illegal sign.
- Man fined for failing to remove pigeon sheds
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - A man was convicted at Belfast Magistrates' Court today for non-compliance with a Planning Enforcement Notice.
- Man fined £1,500 for planning breach
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 - A man was fined £1,500 at Newry Magistrates' Court today for failing to comply with planning regulations
- Man fined £30,000 for operating unauthorised airport car park
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 - David Thompson (47), of killead Road, Crumlin, was convicted at Antrim Magistrates' Court today for operating an unauthorised car park at Aldergrove Airport.
- Planners at Self Build show
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 - The Planning Service will be at next weekend’s Northern Ireland Self-Build Extend and Renovate Show at the King's Hall, Belfast.
- Woman fined for failing to remove illegal shed
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 - A woman was convicted at Coleraine Magistrates' Court today for failing to remove a shed erected without planning approval.
- Unauthorised bungalow demolished near Magherafelt
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 - A bungalow and double garage built without planning permission near Magherafelt has been demolished as a result of enforcement action by the Ballymena Divisional Planning Office.
- Loughmacrory firm fined £400 for planning breach
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 - Glen Builders Limited, of Drumman Glen, Loughmacrory, Co Tyrone, was convicted at Omagh Magistrates’ Court yesterday for failing to comply with a Planning Notice.
- Foster refuses application for Causeway Visitors' Centre
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 - Environment Minister Arlene Foster today announced to the Assembly that she has decided to refuse the Seaport Investments plan for a Giants Causeway visitor centre.
- Carrickmore Man Fined £10,000 For Planning Breach
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 - On 15 January 2008 at Omagh Magistrates' Court, Mr Enda McCallan of 3b Minadinna Road, Carrickmore, was convicted for not complying with two Enforcement Notices.
- Rosslea man fined £1,000 for planning breach
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 - A man was convicted at Enniskillen Magistrates’ Court on January 21 for failing to comply with a Planning Enforcement Notice.
- Two fined for illegal signage at garden centre
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 - Two people were fined £600 each plus £166 court costs at Londonderry Magistrates' Court yesterday for illegal signage.
- Strabane man fined £1,000 for planning breach
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 - A man was fined £1,000 at Strabane Magistrates' Court yesterday for failing to demolish two sheds without planning permission.