News Releases Archive: 2007
- Man fined £1,000 for unauthorised use of mobile home.
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 - A man who was using a mobile home as a dwelling was fined £1,000 plus £85 costs at Strabane Magistrates' Court on Friday 14 December for failing to comply with an enforcement notice.
- Man fined £1,000 for failing to remove unauthorised shed.
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 - A man who built an agricultural shed without planning permission was fined £1,000 plus £85 at Strabane Magistrates Court on Friday 14 December for failing to comply with an enforcement notice.
- Safety Zones at Belfast Airports
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 - Environment Minister, Arlene Foster, today issued final planning guidelines restricting development in Airport Public Safety Zones in Northern Ireland.
- Man fined £1,750 for using garage as dwelling
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 - A man who was using a garage as a dwelling was fined £1,750 at Coleraine Magistrates Court on 7 December 2007 for failing to comply with planning notices.
- Planning Process for Significant Proposals Streamlined
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 - The Planning Service has launched a pre application discussion (PAD) initiative for strategically important planning applications to improve the quality of those applications and to speed up the decision making process.
- Dungannon man fined for breach of planning controls
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 - Mr Peadar Hughes, of Corr Road, Killyman, Dungannon, County Tyrone was fined on Wednesday 14 November 2007 at Dungannon Magistrates' Court for non compliance with an Enforcement Notice.
- Foster welcomes streamlined planning porcess
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 - Environment Minister Arlene Foster today formally launched a new Streamlined Consultation Scheme between Planning Service and Derry City Council.
- Foster sets out a programme for planning reform
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 - Environment Minister Arlene Foster has announced her intention to bring forward proposals for a wide-ranging reform of the planning system in Northern Ireland, and has appointed an independent expert advisor.
- Belfast Hotel fined for illegal signs
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 - A hotel in Belfast's Botanic area was fined £150 and ordered to pay £86 costs at Belfast Laganside courts today for displaying illegal signs.
- Foster visits award-winning Newcastle promenade
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 - Environment Minister Arlene Foster visited the Newcastle promenade today to see how its regeneration has transformed the town's seafront.
- Donaghadee advertising company fined for illegal signs
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 - A Donaghadee advertising company has been fined at Belfast Laganside courts today for displaying an illegal hoarding in North Belfast.
- Belfast Estate Agent fined for second time for illegal erection of signs
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 - A commercial and residential estate agent has been fined at Belfast Laganside Courts today for displaying illegal signs in south and east Belfast.
- Omagh man fined for breaking planning notice
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 - Edward Duffy, of Rylagh Road, Omagh, County Tyrone was fined on Friday 9 November 2007 at Omagh Magistrates Court for non-compliance with a Breach of Condition Notice.
- Arlene Foster Stands Firm on Rural Planning
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 - Environment Minister Arlene Foster reacted today to Mr Justice Gillen’s decision on remedies in relation to rural planning policy draft PPS14.
- Ballinamallard man fined for planning non compliance
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 - Mr Robert George Beatty of Beatty Fuels, located at Makenny Road, Ballinamallard, County Fermanagh was fined yesterday at Enniskillen Magistrates' Court for non compliance with a Planning Notice.
- Arlene Foster gives green light to biggest ever planning application
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 - Environment Minister Arlene Foster today announced that outline planning permission is to be granted for phase two of Titanic Quarter.
- Omagh Man Fined for Planning Offences
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 - £1000 fine for non-compliance with Enforcement Notice.
- Enforcement Success - Ballymoney man fined for unauthorised dwelling
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 - Mr Alistair Robert Thompson (35), Lisnagat Road, Ballymoney, pleaded guilty to non-compliance with a Planning Enforcement Notice today at Coleraine Magistrates' Court.
- Proposed Giant's Causeway visitor and study centre
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 - Environment Minister, Arlene Foster, comments on a privately funded proposal for a new visitors centre for the Giants Causeway.
- Statement on PPS14 Judicial Review
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 - Arlene Foster, the Minister of the Environment, has noted the judgement of the High Court today that the Department for Regional Development did not have the power to prepare PPS14.
- Londonderry man fined for illegal signage
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 - Mervyn Colhoun, (64), of Campsie Flooring, Unit 30B, McLean Road, Campsie, Londonderry was fined at Londonderry Magistrates’ Court yesterday for illegal signage.
- London company fined for illegal signage
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 - Primesight Advertising Limited of 3 Waterhouse Square, 138 -142 Holborn, London, was fined at Londonderry Magistrates’ Court yesterday for displaying illegal signage.
- Belfast company fined for illegal signs
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 - Commercial and Residential Estate Agent, BTW Shiells, Clarence House, May Street, Belfast, was fined at Belfast Laganside Courts today for displaying illegal signage.
- Unauthorised dwelling demolished in Cookstown
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 - A bungalow which was built without planning permission has been demolished in Cookstown.
- Public Reception Office re-opens at Belfast Planning Office
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 - Belfast Planning Office reopens to the public
- Application for Development at Sprucefield withdrawn
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 - Sprucefield Centre Ltd has indicated that it wishes to withdraw its application for a major development at Sprucefield.
- Belfast company fined for illegal signage
Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - Property Development company, Taggart Holdings, 17 Clarendon Road, Belfast, was fined at Newtownards Magistrates' court on Wednesday 4 July 2007 for illegal signage.
- Temporary arrangements for Belfast Planning Office
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 - The Belfast Planning Office has had to close to the public after a fire at its premises in Bedford House.
- Newtownabbey Car Dealer fined £500 for unauthorised car sales
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 - Frank Curley (44), of Carntall Road, Newtownabbey, was fined £500 plus Court costs at Belfast Laganside Courts on Tuesday 26 June 2007.
- Newcastle Scoops Civic Trust Awards
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 - The promenade in Newcastle has been awarded a prestigious UK Civic Trust Award.
- Taxi owner fined for illegal signage
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 - A taxi business owner has been fined at Belfast Laganside Courts today for displaying illegal signs in a number of locations in East Belfast.
- Antrim Developer Fined £25,000 for Unauthorised Car Park
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 - Mr David Thompson (47), Killead Road, Aldergrove, Co Antrim was fined £25,000 plus court costs at Antrim Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
- Coleraine bookstore fined for illegal signage
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 - Mrs Lucinda May Thompson (74), Secretary of T.Thompson & Company Limited, was fined £500 plus £86 court costs at Coleraine Magistrates' Court today for illegal signage.
- Londonderry company fined for illegal signage
Thu, 17 May 2007 - Ms Sara Clarke (54), secretary of Primesight Ltd, 3 Waterhouse Square,138-142 Holborn London, appeared at Londonderry Magistrates' Court today on 3 different counts of unauthorised signage at Clooney Road, Glenshane Road and Creggan Road, Londonderry.
- Dundonald store fined for illegal signage
Tue, 15 May 2007 - Representatives of Lidl (Northern Ireland) GmbH were fined £750 plus £86 costs at Newtownards Magistrates Court yesterday for displaying signs illegally.
- Ballycastle man fined
Fri, 4 May 2007 - Ballycastle man fined for unauthorised siting of caravan
- Londonderry company fined for illegal signs
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 - A Campsie car dealer has been fined over £300 for displaying illegal signs
- Sprucefield development gets go-ahead
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 - Environment Minister David Cairns has announced his intention to grant planning permission for a major retail development at Sprucefield.
- Bushmills company fined for listed building demolition
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 - Rosslan Developments Limited, was fined £5,000 at Coleraine Magistrates Court on Friday 2 March 2007, for the unauthorised demolition of two listed buildings.
- New Senior Commissioner Appointed to PAC
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 - Mr Andrew Speirs has been appointed as a Senior Commissioner to the Planning Appeals Commission.The appointment will take effect from 12 February 2007.
- Planners at self build show
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 - The Planning Service will be at next weekend’s Northern Ireland Self-Build Extend and Renovate Show in Belfast.
- Londonderry Company fined for illegal sign
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 - Mr Edward Arthur Taylor (38), secretary and director of "Floors-2-Go plc" was fined £100 yesterday in Londonderry Magistrates' Court.
- Londonderry Estate Agents fined for illegal sign
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 - Mr Brian McCormick (39), secretary of "LOCATE" estate agents was fined £200 yesterday in Londonderry Magistrates' Court.