News Releases Archive: 2006
- Planning permission granted for a Major New Ikea Store at Holywood Exchange
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - IKEA coming to Northern Ireland
- George Best Belfast City Airport Planning Agreement
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 - George Best City Airport Planning Agreement
- Control of Development in Airport Public Safety Zones
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 - New Planning Guidelines for Airport Safety Zones
- Advertising Change for Planning Applications
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 - The Planning Service is changing the way it advertises planning notices in the Greater Belfast area.
- Londonderry Man fined for ignoring Planning Notices
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 - Mr Michael Donaghy of 8 Birch Road, Tamneymore, was fined at Londonderry Magistrate's Court on 21 September 2006 for breaching Planning legislation.
- Plans for Banbridge, Newry & Mourne Area
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 - The Environment Minister David Cairns has announced a new plan to guide development in the Banbridge and Newry and Mourne Districts
- Newtonabbey Man Fined for a Planning Law Breach
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 - Robert McMitchell of 67 Whitehouse Park, Newtownabbey was fined £7,500 at Laganside Court yesterday, for failing to comply with a Planning Service Enforcement Notice
- Unauthorised Dwellings Demolished in Strabane
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 - A terrace of seven dwellings, five of which had not been built in accordance with planning permission, has been demolished in Strabane.
- Cairns Plans to Tackle Flood Risks
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 - Environment Minister David Cairns has issued a stricter planning policy to minimise flood risk in response to predicted climate change.
- New Conservation Area For Magee
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 - Environment Minister David Cairns has announced a new Conservation Area around Magee College Londonderry.
- Planners Consult on Coleraine Housing
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 - The Planning Service has published an Issues Paper for the Coleraine Borough Houses in Multiple Occupancy Subject Plan.
- Hat-Trick for Belfast Design Schemes
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 - Three Belfast design schemes have achieved a prestigious UK Civic Trust Award for architecture and environmental design.
- Planning in the Countryside
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 - The Department of the Environment (DOE) Planning Service has published advice on how it will apply the recent draft proposals to protect Northern Ireland's countryside.
- Planning Reform Legislation
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 - Legislation to improve the planning process in Northern Ireland is being enacted at Westminster.
- Planning Permission for Bangor Development Refused
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 - Planning permission has been refused for a major housing development on the eastern side of Bangor.
- Rooker Toughens Outdoor Advertising Rules
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 - Environment Minister Jeff Rooker has issued new planning policy and guidance for outdoor advertisements and signs.
- Chinese Welfare Association Planning Proposal
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 - The Planning Service has clarified issues around a planning proposal from the Chinese Welfare Association.
- Get It Right or Get It Back
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 - The Planning Service has announced a further move in its commitment to speed up the planning process.
- Planners At Self Build Show
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 - The Planning Service will be at next weekend's Northern Ireland Self-Build Extend and Renovate Show in Belfast.
- Planning Permission for New Coca-Cola Plant
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 - Environment Minister Jeff Rooker is to grant planning permission for a major new manufacturing and bottling plant for Coca-Cola outside Lisburn.