News Releases Archive: 2002
- Angela Smith Introduces New Planning Policy Statement Aimed At Promoting Highest Standards Of Waste Management Facilities
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith, MP, today announced the introduction of a new policy document on Planning and Waste Management, Planning Policy Statement 11 (PPS 11).
- Angela Smith Welcomes Publication Of The Draft Ards And Down Area Plan 2015
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 - Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Angela Smith, MP, today welcomed the publication of the Draft Ards and Down Area Plan 2015.
- Nesbit Announces Lifting Of Precautionary Hold On Planning Applications Regarding Sewerage Problems
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 - Environment Minister, Mr Dermot Nesbitt, today announced that planning applications, which had been held on a precautionary basis, due to concerns over sewerage in fifty-six areas in Northern Ireland, would now be processed by DOE’s Planning Service.
- Minister Paves The Way For National Park In The Mournes
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 - A National Park in the Mournes came closer to reality when Dermot Nesbitt, the Minister for the Environment, spoke to a meeting in Newcastle tonight.
- Praise For Northern Ireland's Award Winning Architecture
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 - Civic Trust Awards were today presented to four of Northern Ireland’s outstanding examples of architectural design.
- Nesbitt And Robinson Work Together To Tackle Sewerage And Planning Problems
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 - Environment Minister, Mr Dermot Nesbitt, MLA, today announced that those development proposals, which have outline planning approval, but had been held on a precautionary basis due to concerns over possible sewage pollution, would now be processed to decision stage by DOE’s Planning Service.
- Nesbitt Gets Tough On Planning Breaches
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 - Environment Minister Mr Dermot Nesbitt today outlined tough new legislation for those who flaunt planning laws. Prison sentences are being proposed for the first time.
- Dermot Nesbitt Angry At Demolition Of Seamus Heaney's Former Home
Thu, 23 May 2002 - Shame on the developer.
That was the message from Environment Minister, Mr Dermot Nesbitt, to the developer who commenced demolition work at Seamus Heaney’s former house in Ashley Avenue.
- Nesbitt Welcomes Antrim, Ballymena And Larne 2016 Area Plan Issue Papers
Tue, 21 May 2002 - An important step in the future development of Antrim, Ballymena and Larne Council areas took place today when Environment Minister, Dermot Nesbitt MLA, announced the publication of the 2016 Issues Paper.
- Good Planning Can Bolster The Economy While Protecting The Environment Argues Nesbitt
Wed, 8 May 2002 - The economy and the environment can both be winners if we have good planning processes.
- Nesbiltt Launches Northern Area Plan 2016 Issues Paper
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 - An important step in the future development of Ballymoney, Coleraine, Limavady and Moyle Council areas took place today when Environment Minister, Dermot Nesbitt MLA, launched the Northern Area Plan 2016 Issues Paper.
- Nesbitt Encourages Partnership On New Planning Laws On Telecommunications
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 - Minister of the Environment, Mr Dermot Nesbitt MLA, today highlighted the need to enter into a partnership involving the local community, the telecommunications industry and the DOE, in the Assembly debate on telecommunications masts today.
- Nesbitt Introduces Tougher Legislation And Policy For Mobile Phone Masts
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 - Environment Minister, Mr Dermot Nesbitt MLA, today announced that he is introducing tougher planning control on mobile phone masts. It will be stricter than any other region of the British Isles.
- Nesbitt Announces Planning Permssion For Major Developments In Newtownards
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 - Dermot Nesbitt, MLA, the Minister of the Environment, today announced notice of opinion to grant planning permission for a major development involving significant investment in Newtownards.
- Nesbitt Announces Planning Permission For Major Development At Belfast International Airport
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 - Environment Minister, Mr Dermot Nesbitt, MLA, today announced notice of opinion to grant planning permission for major development at Belfast International Airport.
- Sam Foster Announces Radical Shake Up Of Planning
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 - We need simpler, faster and more accessible planning processes. Businesses demand it. Communities demand it. Improved processes are essential if we are going to sustain development and harness growth to build a better future for Northern Ireland.
- Belfast Metropolitian Area Can Be A Success
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 - The Belfast metropolitan area can be a success in this new century, delegates at a major conference were told today. Sam Foster, Minister of the Environment, urged people to participate in the Belfast Metropolitan Area Plan and contribute to this success.
- New Areas Of Special Scientific Interest Declared
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 - The DOE Environment and Heritage Service made two important conservation designations affecting County Down recently.