News Releases Archive: 2001
- Sam Foster Invites Ideas For The Future Development Of The Belfast Metropolitan Area
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 - Where will the new houses, businesses and leisure facilities of the 21st Century be located in the greater Belfast area? How should our built and natural heritage be protected? Where should open spaces be located?
- Conservation Areas 'Jewels In The Crown' Says Sam Foster
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 - Are Northern Ireland’s Conservation Areas ‘jewels in the crown’ or ‘albatrosses’’
- DOE's Planning Service Becomes More Open
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 - From 19 November 2001, DOE’s Planning Service will become more open and the planning process more accessible.
- Sam Foster Approves Fees For Discharge Consent Applications
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 - For the first time in Northern Ireland, businesses and landowners will pay to apply to discharge effluent into the environment legally, Sam Foster MLA, Minister of the Environment, announced today.
- Sam Foster Launches New Building Control Directory
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 - Sam Foster MLA, Minister of the Environment, launched the second edition of the Building Control Directory today in Craigavon.
- Sam Foster Launches Planning Quality Initative At Odyssey
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 - Sam Foster MLA, Minister of the Environment, launched the Quality Hallmark Award in W5 at the Odyssey complex Belfast this morning.
- Sam Foster Launches Built Heritage Conference In Fermanagh
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 - The importance of our built heritage came under the spotlight at a major conference in Fermanagh today.
- 'Through The Keyhole At Historic Properties'
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 - Northern Ireland Celebrates European Heritage Open Days.
- New Control Note Builds Up Advice On Small Unit Housing
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 - The Department of the Environment has published a draft Advice Notice entitled ‘Small Unit Housing.’
- Sam Foster Proposes Greater Control Over Farm Pollution
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 - Farms are the largest single cause of pollution of Northern Ireland’s waterways.
- Sam Foster Announces Way Forward For Telecommunications Legislation
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 - Following the Executive Committee’s decision of 14 June 2001 to introduce full planning control for all telecommunications development, including masts, Mr Sam Foster, MLA, the Minister of the Environment, has now announced the way forward.
- Lisburn Area Plan Adopted
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 - The DOE today announced the formal adoption of the Lisburn Area Plan 2001.
- Sam Foster Pledges High Quality Residential Developments
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 - Well-designed high quality housing developments, fitting in with their surroundings, were promised today by Mr Sam Foster MLA, Minister of the Environment.
- Restored Housing At McMaster Street Highlights 21st Century Comforts In 19th Century Style
Mon, 14 May 2001 - You don’t need to sacrifice 21st Century comfort to maintain 19th Century Victorian style.
- Sam Foster Announces Decision On Warrenpoint Harbour Planning Application
Thu, 10 May 2001 - The Minister of the Environment, Mr Sam Foster MLA, today announced that a planning application by Warrenpoint Harbour Authority for port facilities including a deep-water quay, cargo handling area and public open space at Warrenpoint Old Town Dock and foreshore, is to be refused planning permission.
- Sam Foster Welcomes PAC Report On The Control Of River Pollution In Northern Ireland
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 - Sam Foster MLA, Minister of the Environment, today welcomed publication by the Department of Finance and Personnel of the formal Memorandum of Reply to the Assembly Public Accounts Committee's Report on the Control of River Pollution in Northern Ireland which was published on 27 February 2001.
- DOE Launches Publication On Archaeological Excavations
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 - Northern Ireland’s top archaeologists gathered in Belfast, today to attend the launch of the DOE’s ‘Excavations Standards Manual’ by the Department’s Permanent Secretary, Mr Stephen Quinn.
- Sam Foster Grants Planning Permission For D5
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 - Mr Sam Foster MLA, Minister of the Environment, today announced that formal outline planning permission had been granted for the proposed new retail development on land within Belfast Harbour Estate, known as 'D5', at Airport Road West, Belfast.
- Sam Foster Considers Telecommunication Masts Legislation
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 - Sam Foster, MLA, the Minister of the Environment, received the response from the Assembly’s Environment Committee to his consultation paper on telecommunications today.
- DOE Announces An Extension To Newry Conservation Area
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 - The Department of the Environment has announced an extension of the Newry Conservation Area.
- DOE Wins Its Appeal In D5 Case
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 - The Department of Environment has won its appeal in the D5 case.
- Sam Foster Applauds Fermanagh Strategy
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 - Sam Foster, the Minister of the Environment, applauded the first Annual Report of the Fermanagh Integrated Development Strategy 2010 at its publication in Enniskillen today.
- Sam Foster Backs New Retail Proposals At Sprucefield
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 - Minister of the Environment, Mr Sam Foster MLA, today announced that outline planning permission should be granted for two proposed new retail developments at Sprucefield.
- Sam Foster Announces New Appointments To Historic Buildings Council
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 - Mr Sam Foster MLA, Minister of the Environment, today announced details of appointments to the Historic Buildings Council.
- Planners Look To Future With Newtownabbey Council
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 - DOE planners working on the new Belfast Metropolitan Area Plan will meet the Newtownabby Borough Council tonight (Monday 29 January) at 7pm in the Council Offices at the new Mossley Mill complex.
- Sam Foster Meets With Local Council Chiefs From Coleraine, Cookstown, Limavady And Magherafelt
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 - Minister of the Environment, Sam Foster MLA, today had an extensive meeting with the Mayors and Deputy Mayors of Coleraine and Limavady Borough Councils, the Chairmen and Deputy Chairmen of Cookstown and Magherafelt District Councils and their respective Chief Executives.
- Sam Foster Announces Commencement Of Work On New Metropolitan Plan For Greater Belfast
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 - Maximising economic growth and improving the quality of life for the 650,000 citizens of the greater Belfast area will be key aims of the new Belfast Metropolitan Area Plan (BMAP).