Consultation – Amendments to the Planning (Control of Advertisements) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1992
Published on Mon, 16 Jun 2008
The proposed amendments are not a fundamental review of advertisement control but rather a focus on one area of enforcement.
This consultation ended on Fri, 12 Sep 2008
The Department, in line with legislation already in place in England, proposes to introduce deemed advertising consent for advertisements on sites used for the preceding ten years or more for the display of advertisements without the required express consent. It is also proposed to introduce discontinuance provisions which would allow (on an exceptional basis) the removal of any advertisements in the deemed consent category that cause a substantial injury to the amenity of the locality or a danger to public safety.
The Department considers the new proposals will go some way towards bringing the Northern Ireland legislation broadly into line with the current provisions in England. In addition they will provide clarification as to the status of long standing unauthorised advertisements; align with time limits for enforcement action against certain other breaches of planning control; and provide a measure of deregulation for the advertisement control regime.
The purpose of the consultation is to obtain views on the introduction of a statutory rule to amend the Planning (Control of Advertisements) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1992.
- Proposed Amendments to the Planning (Control of Advertisements) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1992 Consultation Paper ( 189 KB)
- Alliance Party ( 387 KB)
- Alliance Party 2 ( 482 KB)
- Antrim Borough Council ( 401 KB)
- Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside ( 311 KB)
- Department of Enterprise, Trade & Investment ( 329 KB)
- Derryhale Residents' Association ( 1481 KB)
- DRD Roads Service ( 753 KB)
- Historic Buildings Council ( 311 KB)
- Historic Monuments Council ( 311 KB)
- Labour Party ( 2806 KB)
- Larne Borough Council ( 270 KB)
- Lisburn City Council ( 2707 KB)
- Mr David Farrell ( 597 KB)
- Mr James H Wells ( 767 KB)
- Northern Ireland Environment Agency ( 304 KB)
- Northern Ireland Judicial Appointments Commission ( 259 KB)
- Northern Ireland Tourist Board ( 274 KB)
- Outdoor Media Association ( 1519 KB)
- Strabane District Council ( 448 KB)
- Ulster Architectural Heritage Society ( 430 KB)