Consultation on Planning Fees
Published on Mon, 8 Nov 2010 by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultation: Planning Fees in Northern Ireland: Proposals for Change
This consultation ended on Tue, 4 Jan 2011 at 0:00am
The Department today launched a public consultation on proposals for a range of improvements to the planning fees structure. These proposals are the initial steps in the development of a more balanced and more equitable planning fees regime.
The proposals include:
- the removal of fees for listed building consents, conservation area consents and demolition within an area of townscape or village character;
- the removal of certain concessionary and reduced fees;
- simplification of the fees for single dwellings;
- an increase in the maximum fee for housing developments, for the erection of industrial and commercial buildings, and for plant, machinery and wind farms; and
- charging a more appropriate fee for applications requiring an Environmental Impact Assessment.
Consultation responses should be with the Department on or before 4th January 2011.